Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Kevin, please say no to telemarketers!

I have no idea if Kevin Rudd has any power whatsoever over the control of telemarketers, but if he does, I wish he'd put a stop to them. I'm so sick of people intruding into my life & time to try and sell me something I'm not interested in. I don't mind too much about the odd Charity (when it's a legitimate organisation) call but oh my goodness I'm sick of all the others.

Today I had a phone call from Telstra (the second in 2 weeks). The guy on the other end of the phone opened the conversation with "Hi, I'm Paul from Telstra. I want to offer you a better deal to get you to take up a Telstra Mobile phone account". He then asked me how much I spent per month on my mobile (like it's any of his business). So I told him. He then asked what I got for that amount...now I know for a fact that Telstra cannot beat the plans that we are on with 3. 3 can't even beat these plans and won't ever offer them again. So, when I told him the deal he said "well that is a good deal" and hung up on me. Thanks for calling bud!

We have our number on that stop list thing on that website but it doesn't seem to help. The thing that gets me is that you can have a phone call from the same company 3 days in a row. Are they too stupid to make notes on the numbers they call so they don't waste their time and money?

PLEASE, SOMEONE PUT A STOP TO THESE MOST ANNOYING CALLS!!!!

No comments: