Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Lead Up

I love Christmas...I love the excitement, the decorating, the food, the joy that seems to fill the air, and I'm even brave enough to say that I love the presents (both giving & receiving) and most of all, I love the promise of HOPE that it brings.
BUT, in saying all that, this year hasn't been such an easy lead up to Christmas for me. Complications that arose for me health wise after Hamish was born have meant that I'm yet to do any Christmas shopping, put up the tree & decorations (which, normally, I would've done yesterday) and frankly the whole situation has made me a little bit blue so I haven't been able to embrace the excitement yet.
Hopefully things are on the up now and I may be able to make it to the shops to do some shopping and planning events that make Christmas so much fun!!
Maybe I need to put on a Chrissy CD and make some decorations??

A bit of a depressing rant I know, sorry...hopefully in a week or two I'll be able to post an up-beat joyful note!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nat, I am all for the Chrissy CD's, there are not many of us you know... In case it makes you feel slightly better, we haven't managed any of those christmad things yet either, perhaps I will go put up our christmas star in the doorway now... may you be fully restore to good health soon Natty! Love Fi xxx

Anonymous said...

I Ditto Fi. My hope for you is an exciting and joyous christmas, anticiapation and hope for the new year and a holiday break with old friends and new 'relaxing' adventure (am still dreaming of this alleged holiday).